Saturday, July 4, 2009

Full steam ahead to the final TMA

I completed TMA05 this week, a source analysis essay examining and comparing two documents by Stalin and Hitler. I'm glad its over as i have totalitarian dictator fatigue. Now i have just one TMA left to complete for this year's course, its the big one though. TMA06/07 is a double assignment where we are left to study a subject on our own from a list of suggested topics. I have chosen resistance in WW2 and how effective it was against fascism.

I actually started the TMA in a way back in April when i read the first of two books on resistance in western Europe. Now i will likely re-read the four books i have bought on the subject (and i have a couple already in my military book collection), i started reading a book on the resistance in Italy in the latter part of the war after 1943.

I shall be looking at Italy and France for my essay. I did consider looking at three countries but that would mean i would not be able to go in as much depth. Of course with France i can include Vichy too so it is almost 2.5 countries to examine! The deadline is September 15th so i have plenty of time, i probably will not start writing until late August.

No comments: