Sunday, June 20, 2010

Taking back the family origins a lot further

Previous family history investigation has been along my grandmother's mother's line delving into the Morrises and Genners which of course took the family history trail to India. As recounted in the comments to this post the trail goes cold in the early 19th century. Next step is to investigate my grandmother's father's line, the Grants. Luckily some other family members have already been investigating this.

My uncle has given me a copy of a family tree taking the Grants back to the mid-17th century at least. The family seems to have come from around Eynsham in Oxfordshire (the earliest known ancestor appearing to be a Francis Evans born in 1654 who married a John Grant). The Genner/Morris line come from Gloucestershire so that firmly puts my roots in the south midlands anyway.

No comments: