Friday, October 21, 2011

A825, early thoughts

I started my MA with the OU module A825 a few weeks ago. So far i notice it is a lot more hands off by the course team, to date i've been asked to read a book (Family Fortunes: Men and Women of the English Middle Class 1780-1850) and come back when i've done so for discussion. Thats fine with me though i tend to be a bit of a slow reader so i'm only half way through the book yet.

On November 5th there is the first of 3 day schools for the course, at the OU's HQ in Milton Keynes, i am hoping to be able to attend this. That should be where the course really starts to get going.

Its hard to know at this early stage how well i am doing and how well i am understanding the content, the first test comes in December when i have to submit my first assignment! It has been a little difficult getting going, i've had nearly a whole year off since the end of the last module on my BA, and the study habits quickly fade!

No comments: