Monday, October 13, 2008

Family tree builder

As i am continuing to investigate my family tree (which very quickly became too large to write on 1 sheet of A4 - and i haven't even started with my Dad's family yet) i need to get some software to create and manage my family tree for me, i am trying out MyHeritage's Family Tree Builder which is free. There are some online tools too but i haven't tried them yet.

Getting to a dead end with the Genners for now i have started on the Morrises. Interestingly my Great-grandfather Stephen Morris is listed on Ancestry.co.uk as having died in 1920. Which is a bit odd as he looked after my Mum as a child, when my Nan was ill (and ironically enough was in a convalescing home a stones throw from where i now live) which either meant my Mum is a lot older than she claims or the site is wrong. My Mum has his burial card and he actually died in 1949, i can't quite see how the site has come up with this 1920 figure though he is in someone else's family tree they have set up on that site so maybe they just got it wrong?

No comments: